AUSTRALIA POST DIGITAL MAILBOX ‘PAY YOUR BILLS FOR A YEAR’ COMPETITION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant. Entry is via Internet or mobile Internet (carrier’s standard data charges apply) enabled mobile devices only.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 10/6/2013 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31/1/2014 (Promotional Period).
4. To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, log in to any one (1) of the Promoter’s websites, the Promoter’s mobile applications (via their compatible mobile device in the manner required) or any website in the Promoter’s partnership network (i.e. www.billfreedom.com/au) (each, a Promotional Platform) and:
a. fully and correctly complete and successfully submit the online entry form via the Promotional Platform in accordance with the instructions provided on the Promotional Platform; and
b. provide any applicable personal information required by the Promotional Platform. Such information may include, but is not limited to, the Entrant’s name, residential address, age, gender, current and valid email address and contact telephone number.
5. Access to Entry via SMS (Short Message Service): When accessing the competition via SMS, standard carrier charges. Possible entrants must text "Win" to 0458 37 37 37, the possible Entrants will then receive a SMS with a link to click-thru to the promotional website. The possible entrant must then complete a form to be eligible entry (as stated in clause 4).
6. Multiple entries accepted, however each entry must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period
8. The draw to determine the winner will take place at 3:00pm (AEDT) on 3/2/2014 at the Promoter’s premises. The winner will be notified in writing (email) and their name and locality will be published on www.rokt.com/competitions/winners on 7/2/2014 and will remain on that website for a minimum of twenty-eight (28) days. All reasonable steps to notify the winner of the results of the draw will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The first eligible entry randomly drawn from all entries received during the Promotional Period will win one (1) of the following prizes, as selected by the winner in writing (email) in their discretion:
a. the value of the winner’s household bills (i.e. gas, electricity, council rates, insurance, rent/mortgage, credit card, internet/cable, phone/cell phone, water, car payment) for the previous one (1) year from 1/1/2013 to 31/12/2013 (inclusive) up to the maximum value of $25,000.00 to be paid via cheque, PayPal transfer or by electronic funds transfer to the winner’s nominated bank account as elected by the winner in writing (email) OR
b. $25,000.00 cash provided to the winner via cheque, PayPal transfer or by electronic funds transfer to the winner’s nominated bank account as elected by the winner in writing (email).
10. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter by email to confirm the winner’s preferred prize, preferred payment method (if applicable) and any other information required by the Promoter in order to award the prize to the winner.
11. Total maximum prize value is $25,000.00. The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The prize value is the recommended retail price including GST (if applicable).
12. The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time (AEST) and place as the original draw as is necessary on 5/5/2014 in order to distribute the prize if unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner will be notified in writing (email). Winner’s name and locality will be published on www.rokt.com/competitions/winners on 9/5/2014 and will remain on that website for a minimum of twenty-eight (28) days. All reasonable steps to notify the winner of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, eligibility to enter and claim the prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing the prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
14. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
15. A prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
16. Any costs associated with accessing a Promotional Platform remain the responsibility of each Entrant and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on a Promotional Platform by an Entrant will deem an entry invalid.
17. If an Entrant uses SMS (Short Message Service) or mobile Internet to participate in the promotion: Entrants must have the bill payer’s consent to use mobile Internet to participate in the promotion or their entry will be deemed invalid. Accessing mobile content including web-based content may incur SMS (Short Message Service) and data charges. Any external links (such as links clicked through the Apple App Store or Google Play) and Promotional Platform features that require Internet connection may also incur data charges. Entrants will need to refer to the terms of the contracts with their carrier or Internet Service Provider (as applicable) for costs, as costs vary from plan to plan. The charges for all SMS (Short Message Service) and data services will appear on each Entrant's next mobile phone bill and/or Internet bill (as applicable). All general queries relating to carrier rates or mobile or Internet bills should be directed to the Entrants' mobile phone carrier or Internet Service Provider (as applicable).
18. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
19. Caution: Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of a Promotional Platform or the information on a Promotional Platform, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
20. Copyright and privacy generally: An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about an Entrant to include the Entrant in the promotion and, where appropriate, award the prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the promotion and is deemed ineligible. An Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the Entrant is the winner, publish or cause to be published the Entrant winner’s name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant State or Territory lottery legislation.
22. By participating in the promotion, an Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on special offers or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies or promotional partners who may contact the Entrant with special offers in this way. By entering the promotion, an Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use the Entrant’s personal information in the manner set out in this condition.
23. Alternate prize: If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
24. Liability: The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with taking the prize or using the prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter and its agents associated with this promotion take no responsibility for the prize damaged or lost in transit (if relevant).
25. No liability: The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to Entrant's or any other person's mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
26. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
27. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
28. Right to verify: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
29. Consent: As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are the winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are the winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
30. Promoter: ROKT Pty Limited (former Rocklive Pty Limited), Suite 402, 275 Alfred Street North Sydney, NSW 2060. ABN: 85 139 261 822. Telephone number: 02 8920 1130.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/03946. SA Permit No. T13/976. ACT Permit No. TP 13/01892. VIC Permit No. 13/1254.